Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tech Savvy Teacher Reflection- TPAK

  • What is the content you are focusing on in your science lesson?
    I am focusing on the shape of orbits, particularly the shape of the Moon's Orbit around the Earth. This is to dispel the notions that we usually have of a circular rather then spherical orbit.
  • What is the pedagogy you are using and why is it a good fit with the content?
    I am using discovery learning. I have the children identify their misconceptions (draw the moon's orbit, what you think it looks like), then discover why their misconception is wrong (try to draw the orbit as you watch it move(, then last of all present the material in a concise manner so that they know exactly the answer we are getting at (click the label button so that you see it displayed). Sometimes when using discovery learning teachers do not wrap it up so that the student understands exactly which points are suppose to be gotten out of that.
  • What is the technology you’ll be using and why is it a good fit with the content and pedagogy?
    I am using Celestia. This program is good because it allows students to be a bit more hands-on in a subject that usually must be just direct instruction. We cannot observe the things, thus teachers usually just lecture. Having a simulation lets the students reach out and interact with the subject more.
I apologize this was not done before I did my self report then went SHOOT, I didn't check to make sure everything is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Locations of Site Visitors