Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Books Review

Revealing the Invisible:  Confronting Passive Racism in Teacher Education (Teaching/Learning Social Justice.)Revealing the Invisible: Confronting Passive Racism in Teacher Education by Sherry Marx

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book. It really opened my eyes to racism as a serious issue in teacher education. I only hope that I can remember it so that I can keep my own racism from hurting my classroom. This book inspired me to travel to Houston, TX for my student teaching and face racism.As a caveat, I don't believe I am a racist. However, I understand that racism is a rampant part of our society, and no race can completely understand one another. Everyone has different ways to do things, and different groups act differently. I cannot stand here and pretend that isn't true. I'm never going to treat everyone as if they're just like me, that's short sighted and ridiculous. They're not just like me. They are their own person and I need to respect and treat them as such.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment




Locations of Site Visitors