Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A draft lost in history

"We would even go so far as to contend that a political vision that has no spiritual grounding runs he risk of becoming totalizing and inhumane."

I found the above quote in my (years) old draft folder. Curiosity piked I looked it up and found this article I must have read during the course of my TESOL class during the 2009 college year era.

The real quote is thus:
"Spirituality offers a unique basis for “justice-making” (Lepage, 1991, p. 73). We would even go so far as to contend that a political vision that has no spiritual grounding runs the risk of becoming totalizing and inhumane. We would also hasten to add our conviction that “spirituality” devoid of political considerations is at best limited and at worst vacuous."

It's in an article from the Department of Education called First-Year Latino Teacher. Must read more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Locations of Site Visitors